Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WWII

I understand the thought of, "with death comes life," to live an unhappy life is meaningless, to die happy; means everything, is the one wish we should all have in common.
We live in a society so drawn to so fascinated by the events of WWII. To young to have lived through it, but so driven to know the pain, the shame, the sorrow of the time period. Is it to know our history? to make our struggles seem inferior? to bring ourselves further into our nationwide depression epidemic? to laugh at the mistakes of our ancestors? to learn(pure facts no emotion)? I ask only with intent to gain knowledge, i ask why?
To further inform i must classify myself as one of these so curious, and to present an answer to my own question, and that is: I dont know. There is an underlying attraction, pursuassion, inticement to all from this era, of which I can not explain. Can you?

No comments: